Prospective Hajj Members from Papua Dispatched

goodmorningpapua.com – A total of 153 hajj candidates from Jayapura City and Regency, Papua Province, Monday (27/6) departed from Sentani Airport to Makassar embarkation, South Sulawesi.

The hundreds of departing pilgrims will join other pilgrims who have departed first. A Public Relations of Sentani Airport, Surya Eka, said that there were 153 hajj candidates, 128 of whom came from Jayapura City.

“A total of 158 hajj candidates flew to Makassar using GIA aircraft and Batik Air,” said Surya Eka as reported by Antara, Monday (27/6). A Head of Hajj Affairs at the Papua Ministry of Religion’s Regional Office, Musa Narwawan, separately said that during the hajj season in 1443 H, Papua received a quota of 488 people, which was given to 16 districts and cities in Papua. Prospective Papuan pilgrims will depart, Wednesday (29/6), from the Makassar Embarkation.

“Currently, all prospective pilgrims from Papua are already in Makassar and ready to go to the Holy Land,” said Musa Narwawan. Previously, pilgrims from East Java had also departed.

The first shift of hajj departures was carried out after two years of being canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. “We dispatched 449 pilgrims from East Java. They came from Tuban and Bojonegoro to the holy land,” said Ma’ruf Amin. Accompanied by Khofifah and the Secretary General of the Ministry of Religion, Ma’ruf Amin said that the departure for this pilgrimage must be grateful because it is a sign that the pandemic has gradually recovered.

Related posts

Yalimo District Government’s Commitment to Achieve 100 Percent JKN Coverage

admin

View of the Uncultivated Land Turned into Rice Fields in the Pegunungan Tengah

admin

G-20 Summit and West Papua Security

admin

92 Percent of Pilkada Participation, an Evidence of Papua for NKRI

admin

Governor Enembe Launches Two Papuan Economic Recovery Programs

admin

West Papua Makes Evaluation of Food Materials from Outside the Region

admin
Please enter an Access Token