goodmorningpapua.com – A Director General of Information and Public Communication of the Ministry of Communication and Informatics (Kominfo) Usman Kansong ensured that other Base Transceiver Station (BTS) construction projects in Papua continue to run. Usman said that the temporary suspension of the BTS construction project was only around districts that were attacked by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB).
Usman said that BTS’ work, which was temporarily suspended, would only be resumed if conditions were completely safe. “The BTS construction project at the location is temporarily suspended until conditions are completely safe,” said Usman.
Usman ensured that the Ministry of Communications and Informatics and cellular operator companies to be carrying out digital infrastructure development in Papua always coordinate with security forces. This step is to ensure security and smoothness in the infrastructure development process.
“So far, we have always coordinated with the security forces to get security/security guarantees in every national strategic project, in this case the development of digital infrastructure, in Papua,” said Usman.
Previously, on Wednesday (2/3/2022), there was an attack and murder incident by the Armed Criminal Group (KKB) against employees of PT Tower Palapa Timur Telematika (PT PTT) located at the B3 Repeater Site, Mulia District, Puncak Regency, Papua Province. The attack that occurred last Wednesday resulted in the death of eight PTT employees.
The Minister of Communications and Information, Johnny G Plate, condemned the incident. Johnny also asked for law enforcement on the incident and hoped that security could be restored soon by the security forces.
“We strongly condemn incidents of murder and acts of physical violence that have resulted in the loss of lives of PT PTT workers and field technicians in the midst of their efforts to carry out the task of accelerating the distribution of digital connectivity in Indonesia and specifically in Papua,” Johnny said in a press release from the Ministry of Communications and Informatics, Friday ( 4/3/2022).
Johnny also conveyed his deep condolences to the families of PTT workers who were victims of the attack incident. The evacuation process for PT PTT workers, both victims who died and a staff member who survived from Site Repeater B3 has also been conducted since Thursday (3/3/2022).
“Since March 3, 2022 until now PTT workers are in the process of evacuating by taking into account the security situation and local weather conditions,” said Johnny.