goodmorningpapua.com – Not something new if Papua is often touted as a cultural paradise because it has a diverse culture. Everything is reflected in the charming Honai traditional house.
The Honai traditional house is one of the many traditional houses you can find in Papua. This house usually becomes the residence of indigenous people living in mountainous areas.
To find out more information, let’s look at ten interesting facts about the following charming Honai traditional houses.
1. The Honai traditional house is round like a large mushroom
2. The body of the house is made of wood, the roof is of thatch, the walls are of rough wood, the floor is of grass, and the pillars are of iron wood.
3. The house is 2 to 2.5 meters high and consists of 2 floors
4. The first floor is used as a bed, while the second floor is for a relaxing room, dining room, a place to do crafts, and others
5. Honai traditional houses are usually occupied by 5 to 10 people
6. Unlike other traditional houses, the Honai traditional house does not have windows so that the residents living in it are protected from the cold
7. Apart from being a place to live, this traditional house also functions as a place for mummies to be fumigated as happened in Kerulu Village and Aikima Village.
8. And when the harvest season arrives, the local people will store their harvest in this traditional house
9. The Honai traditional house is for men. As for female residents, the house is called Ebei 10. Within the house there is a section functioning as a place to raise livestock called Wamai.